City Theatre operates under an agreement between the League of Resident Theatres and Actors’ Equity Association, the Union of Professional Actors and Stage Managers in the United States. Depending on the available roles for any given production, City Theatre hires both equity and non-equity actors.
This part-time position would be 10-20 hours per week depending on the run time of the performances. The position would start at the beginning of our season in late September and end in early June at the conclusion of the season.
Applicant must have evening and weekend availability. The person applying should also have customer service experience, as both positions deal with our patrons directly. It is preferred but not required to have basic bar knowledge (you will be trained on specifics of this bar). Applicant must have excellent cash handling skills. Prior knowledge of the Square Register credit card system is desired but not mandatory. There will be some light cleanup involved with both positions. You need to physically be able to move 20+ pounds. You must also have a working cell phone and knowledge of Microsoft Word and email.
Description of a House Manager:
• Responsible for making sure the performance starts on time
• Managing any questions or conflicts that may arise before and after the show has started
• Being in contact with the Stage Manager for any delays or problems that may occur
• Reseating patrons that get up mid-performance
• Make sure that restrooms are in order before leaving
• Sending the house manager report after every performance
• Occasionally locking and arming the building before leaving
Description of a Bartender:
• Making drinks for patrons (beer, wine, simple cocktails)
• Checking ID for any patron who appears to be under 30 years of age
• Taking payment through Square Register; both cash and credit
• Filling out and sending the sales report for the day; also on Square Register
• Stocking bar before leaving
• Cleaning up the bar and lobby tables
Please email Front of House Supervisor Jenna Wilkin at email@example.com with a resume and cover letter. No phone calls please.