City Theatre operates under an agreement between the League of Resident Theatres and Actors’ Equity Association, the Union of Professional Actors and Stage Managers in the United States. Depending on the available roles for any given production, City Theatre hires both equity and non-equity actors.
City Theatre Company, a professional LORT D theatre committed to the production and development of new plays, seeks a MARKETING DIRECTOR. This full-time position is responsible for managing all institutional marketing, promotion, and publicity for this $2.7 million nonprofit organization (now in its 41st season), including coordinating all print and digital advertising with third-party graphic designers and agencies; writing copy for season brochures, post cards, press releases, playbills, website, and social media; arranging press coverage for all shows and special events; ensuring that all materials publicly distributed by the organization remain “on brand” and uphold City’s strong look and feel; and developing a successful annual and show-by-show strategy to meet sales goals of nearly $1 million through single ticket and subscription (renewal and new acquisition) campaigns. In addition, this position serves as the key liaison and art director working with photography and video design consultants, while also being expected to maintain in-house services such as simple graphic design, website (CMS) maintenance and updates, and social media postings. The successful candidate will demonstrate: strong writing skills; a calm, professional, and articulate public persona; a proclivity to meet deadlines and be organized; new and original ideas and be data- and research-driven (experience with TRG a plus!); proven marketing experience and success; and an enthusiastic passion for the arts. Additional experience working with HTML, e-marketing (Mail2 or comparable programs such as Constant Contact or MailChimp), all or part of the Adobe Suite, video and photo editing programs, and Tessitura is preferred. City Theatre prides itself with innovation and daring on stage; and it encourages its staff to embody these traits while fulfilling their roles in supporting the art and serving the community. Think big, think boldly, and help transform the future of City Theatre by being an energized, positive, imaginative, and integral member of this small-but-mighty team. Position reports to the Managing Director, requires some evenings and weekends, and includes a competitive benefits package. Please send a compelling cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to James McNeel, Managing Director, at email@example.com. No calls, please. www.citytheatrecompany.org
This is a part-time position requiring 10-25 hours per week depending on performance run times. The position starts in early October and ends with the conclusion of our season in early June.
Applicants must have evening and weekend availability. Applicants should have customer service experience, and be comfortable interacting directly with our patrons. Basic bar knowledge is preferred, but not required (training on bar specifics will be provided). Excellent cash handling skills are required, and prior knowledge of the Square Register credit card system is preferred. Both positions involve light cleaning duties pre and/or post performance. Applicants must have a working cell phone and knowledge of Microsoft Word and email programs. Applicants must be able to lift 30+ pounds and stand for extended periods of time.
House Manager duties:
- Responsible for making sure performances starts on-time.
- Troubleshooting questions or conflicts that arise before and after each performance.
- Communicating any problems or possible delays to the production Stage Manager.
- Helping to re-seat patrons who exit the theatre mid-performance.
- Making sure restroom facilities are in order prior to leaving for the night.
- Composing and distributing House Manager reports to theatre staff following each performance.
- Occasionally securing and activating theatre alarm systems prior to leaving for the night.
- Making drinks for patrons (beer, wine, and simple cocktails).
- Verifying ID for patrons who appear to be under 30 years of age.
- Processing payment through Square Register system (cash or credit).
- Creating and distributing bar sales report for the day within the Square Register system.
- Making sure the bar is fully stocked for the next performance prior to leaving for the night.
- Cleaning up the bar space and lounge tables prior to leaving for the night.
For consideration, please send introduction letter, resume, and three professional references to:
Colleen Geyer, Front of House Supervisor
There are no scheduled audition dates at this time.